orthognathic surgery,janell smith,jaw surgery,lower jaw surgery,over bit,overjet,the quest for less character, character blog, braces, adult braces,mandibular advancement, jaw The quest for less character: The verdict is in!

Sep 10, 2011

The verdict is in!

Lower Jaw Surgery ONLY!

Thank you God!



The visit with Dr. T was awesome.  He was so kind and informative, and answered all of my questions.
Only having the lower jaw surgery means a better recovery, no overnight stay in the hospital, out of pocket expense goes to less than 10K and best of all, no restrictions on blowing my nose.  That was really freaking me out!

Unfortunately, it doesn't keep me from having to wear the splint. 
The mean, hateful splint that I keep reading about. 

Oh, AND, he seemed to be perfectly fine with my October 6th date! He said nothing about waiting for more space.  He mentioned that he and Dr. Simon had a chat about me last Wednesday and they were both happy with the course of action.

His scheduler was going to submit all info back to BCBS by the end of the day yesterday so you bet your booty I will be following up on Monday! Hopefully we can get an answer back quickly.

All in all it was a great day with great news!

More to come when we hear from BCBS....

1 comment:

  1. Such great news! You're probably on the edge of your seat now. Hope it all works out the way you want it to.

    Smiles,
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete