orthognathic surgery,janell smith,jaw surgery,lower jaw surgery,over bit,overjet,the quest for less character, character blog, braces, adult braces,mandibular advancement, jaw The quest for less character: Parkland Hospital! COME ON DOWN!

Sep 6, 2011

Parkland Hospital! COME ON DOWN!

You're the next contestant on, THE PRICE IS RIGHT!..



I finally got the answer to the long burning question of, which hospital do I choose.  I have been waiting to make that decision, based on the quotes I received for paying out of pocket. I am still very hopeful mind you, that Blue Cross is going to come through for me, but I am going forward with my plan of paying out of pocket.

So.... First contestant.. UT Southwestern - Zale Lipshy
The discount they offer is strictly 25% off the hospital fees only.  Not supplies, not the anesthesiologist, but just the hospital.  Their facility fee? 
$60,800..... 
Anesthesia? $3400
Ummmmmmmm
Yeah... Right!

Next contestant!  Parkland Hospital.
Their discount?  They have a list of "codes" that are frequently denied by insurance companies in which they offer a "package" price.  This means hospital + Anesthesiologist.
Their rate?  For upper and lower jaw surgery...

Get this....

Wait for it...

$4500

I asked Dr. T's surgery schedule if she was absolutely sure that was the price, and she said she also did a double take and verified the price as well before she called me.  So...

Parkland it is...

At this point, even if insurance did approve my surgery, I would still chose Parkland.  I feel like even if its not my money I'm spending, its and act of faith to be a good steward of the money, regardless of where it's coming from  I can't see going with a choice that is so outrageous just because I can.

Still praying for insurance.

1 comment:

  1. Janell,

    Yay for parkland!!! Hahah, yes, Zale is nice and wonderful, but Parkland is too! And for the price! Even if insurance doesn't cover it, dang!!! Hahaha, Glad to hear you are doing well. prayers for insurance for you!

    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete