orthognathic surgery,janell smith,jaw surgery,lower jaw surgery,over bit,overjet,the quest for less character, character blog, braces, adult braces,mandibular advancement, jaw The quest for less character: 08/25/11

Aug 25, 2011

Hurry up and Wait!!

Hurry up and Wait!!

And................. exhale!

I went in to see Dr. Simon today to get a new set of records done in hopes of getting insurance coverage of my surgery.  I was hoping that she would be able to determine if I needed both jaws, or just one jaw repositioned.
The answer?
"I won't be able to tell until I get your new molds back, but feel free to give me a call.... it should take about 2 weeks...."

2 weeks?  Seriously?

And to top it off, the new request won't be sent back to BCBS until the molds are back.  Of course, that IS the best way to get the surgery approved, but for goodness sakes already.. I need some answers...

Patience Janell.... Patience....

Pray.... Breathe.... Pray.... Breathe.....

Or as Julia Roberts did, "Eat, Pray, Love."

I have been praying, relentlessly, and my life is FULL of love, but unfortunately, the anxiety of today caused me to not be able to eat tonight. 

Not sure if it was the build up of excitement to finally get some answers, only to be let down, or if it were the layoffs at work today that has gotten my tummy all in knots, but I can tell you, its definitely not my favorite feeling.

I feel like I'm in limbo on the surgery thing.  I don't have a quote back from the two hospitals so that I can pick one based on if I'm self paying, I have to have the rates before I can schedule a surgery date, AND to top that all off, one of the hospitals in question is Parkland Hospital in Dallas and if you haven't seen the media lately, DON'T LOOK ETHEL!  It will freak you out!

I have really been trying to aim for the first week in October for a surgery date. Q4 at work is really crazy and I want to have this behind me and back at work before mid October. Now, my thoughts are....
2 weeks until the molds gets back.
Then submit to BCBS.
They have 30 days to respond.
That puts us with a surgery date already into the 2nd week in October.
Sharon has a major project launch in Riverside,CA the last weekend in October and we just has such a tight window for both of us.

Again, Pray and breathe.

God's got this!  Dang it if my human brain doesn't try to take over all the time.

I am going to take a hot bath, relax and try to find my patience somewhere in the back of the dresser drawer.  I'm pretty sure that's where I left it.

Phillipians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.